Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let's Talk Hair...



I'll be the first to admit that when I'm stressed I take it out on my hair.  Sometimes I don't even realize I'm stressed until there's a pile of hair in my bathroom sink.  

However, I've never really been a fan of long hair (on myself).  I think I look a little more my age with short hair (I'm only 4'10", so anything to help me not look 16 is a plus!)  My mom keeps pestering me to go to a professional, but I have never walked out of a salon satisfied.  I particularly hate getting my hair styled by others...You can wash it and maybe cut it...BUT THAT'S IT.  I'll never go back to get my hair lightened in a salon either.  I walked out last year with orange roots and blood orange tips.  Plus at that time I was also trying to grow out my hair, so imagine the pain I felt when I was told she was going to "trim" the ends and ended up taking a few inches off.  Ugh.  I think hair is very special to a girl.  It can make or break your self esteem.  I've always depended on my hair to make me feel better if I wasn't happy with an outfit or something.  I think this also why I love making hair accessories.  A hair accessory can always fix problem hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment