Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ideas for the Spare Room!

Brian and I will be renting my parents' basement come June.  This gives me not too much time to clean out the other "half" of my bedroom and turn it into a room for Beck.  This means I have to sell this 6'x6' desk I'm currently sitting at, along with packing up all of my art supplies and moving them into a studio (hopefully).  I've been thinking a lot about how we're going to decorate Beck's potential room.  I was thinking about using the pale green paint I bought a few years back (but never got around to using) and buying neutral colored furniture.

I have a lot of Disney stuff that I have accumulated over years and countless trips to Disney World.  More specifically, I have a lot of Peter Pan trinkets, figurines, stuffed animals, etc. that I'd love to incorporate into little B's room.

Here are some of the things I'd like to see in Beck's room by the summer:

www.made4ubymagic.etsy.com

I'm absolutely in love with this Peter Pan mobile.  I kind of wish I had this when I was a baby!  I would love to see this hanging over his crib, and the cribs of any future siblings Beck may gain along the way...

www.ikea.com

I was looking for furniture that is easy to sand and stain a few times (just incase he decides he doesn't approve of our color choices when he's older) and something that isn't made for kids, but something that can go from kid to teen to maybe even adult.  This particular chest of drawers is from Ikea, but I plan on searching thrift shops, antique shops and craigslist for anything with potential and character.

www.buybuybaby.com

Okay, I know Beck is only 3 months old, but how PERFECT is this for a Peter Pan themed room?!  It's a rocker, if you couldn't tell and I wish it came in my size!  ...Wait, I'm only 4'10" so maybe I can fit in it...

www.babiesrus.com

And finally we have a rocker to help put fussy babies to a slumber.  My parents bought one of these about about 15 years ago (way after my sister and I were born) to just have in the den.  I have to admit, it's really comfy and relaxing.  This is a must for Beck's room!

Well, I guess that is it for now...Hopefully I will have this room complete sooner than I'd like to and can share it with you!







No comments:

Post a Comment